** click the blue article titles below for the abstracts
note: recent additions will be added to the top of the list
- Spine. 2001 Jun 15;26(12):E268-73
- 46 patients who failed 20 weeks of conservative care
- Both groups had significant improvement in pain scores and reported symptoms. No significant difference between the groups was seen.
- “…the potential for secondary gain in patients who have cervical facet arthropathy as a result of a whiplash injury does NOT influence response to treatment.”
- Neurosurgery. 1999 Jul;45(1):61-7; discussion 67-8.
- Complete relief of pain in 71% of patients
- If the first procedure fails, so will a repeat.
- Outcome did NOT differ by litigation status
- Median duration of relief in successful cases was 14 months